This article is a guide through the setup of a printer on an iPad.
Please Note: you can only set up one Bluetooth-connected printer with an iPad at a time. Network-connected printers allow connections to multiple devices.
1. Plug your printer into a power source.
2. Ensure the paper or labels are loaded properly.
3. Put the printer in pairing mode.
Consult the printer manual or manufacturer's website for additional information about putting your device in pairing mode.
4. On the iPad, navigate to "Settings" then "Bluetooth."
5. Select the printer from the "other devices" section.
If your device does not appear in this list, consult the troubleshooting section of the printer manual or manufacturer website.
6. Once the printer is paired, navigate to the Maui app or Cashier app and tap the printer icon in the upper right corner of the application.
7. Select the "label printer" or "receipt printer" and choose your paired printer from the list.
You can test these printers by navigating to the "completed sales" tab to reprint labels and receipts from previous transactions or use the "Test Print" option in the printing menu
8. Optional: To adjust printer settings, download the printer manufacturer's app from the App Store.
This will require a valid Apple ID.
Network / Wifi Setup:
1. Connect your printer to power.
2. Ensure the paper or labels are correctly loaded.
3. Connect your printer to your network.
For LAN printers, connect the printer to your wireless router via ethernet.
Consult the printer manual or the manufacturer's website to connect the device to your Wi-Fi network for Wi-Fi-enabled printers.
4. Navigate to "Settings" on the iPad and then select "Wi-fi." Ensure that you are connected to the same network as the printers.
5. Navigate to the Cashier app and tap the printer icon along the top of the application window.
6. Select the "label printer" or "receipt printer" and choose your paired printer from the list.
You can test these printers by navigating to the "completed sales" tab to reprint labels and receipts from previous transactions.
Venture Sourcing Group Hardware Support:
Flowhub partners with Venture Sourcing Group to provide our customers with a hardware provider that can assist with setup and troubleshooting when you purchase from them. Venture specializes in hardware reselling for the cannabis industry and has five years of experience in the sector.
We recommend ordering your hardware through Venture Sourcing Group and not a drop shipment company. Venture Sourcing Group can guarantee their products and labor when using recommended hardware.
Visit this page for hardware pricing or for more information about hardware and support packages.