Cashier: Make a Sale
To make a sale in Flowhub Cashier, follow the below steps. Please note that in order to make a sale, there needs to be a customer in the Flowhub queue and you will need an open drawer with an employee assigned to a drawer.
For a quick tutorial on how to make a sale in the Cashier app, watch this video:
How to Access a Customer's Cart
- Once assigned to a Flowhub drawer, click the "Cashier" link at the top of your screen.
- Here you can see the customer queue, current inventory, and various details about your store's location:
- Select a customer from the customer queue. This will take you into the customer's "Cart" which will open to the right:
How to Add Items to a Customer's Cart
- Once in the cart, you can begin adding inventory items to the cart.
- You can do this by scanning items or by searching for the item, and then clicking the associated "plus sign" icon:
- As you add items, Flowhub's cannabis counter will tell you if you are close to the purchase limit. Note: Purchase limits will vary by state and customer.
- Continue to add products to the cart. If needed, you can do an "Inline Discount" for the customer's cart or a specific item. For more information, see the Cashier: Add an Inline Discount article.
- Once done, you'll be given a total near the bottom of the cart and can choose "Collect Payment" to finish ringing up the customer.
How to Collect Payment
- You'll be presented with the summary for the sale to left, with the transaction options to the right:
- You can choose "Close Payment" to return to the main screen.
- If assigned to multiple drawers, you'll be prompted to select which drawer before you can put the sale through. Click "Select a drawer" and choose the specific drawer.
- Enter the amount the customer is paying with. If they are making a debit purchase, make sure you also follow the steps for your debit system in addition to entering the card information here.
- After all information has been entered, enter your Flowhub PIN, and choose "Check out."
- Exit labels will print, as will the receipt. You can give the customer change as needed, affix labels to the needed products, and you're done!